JUTC BOSS ADMITS PILOT PROJECT COULD’VE BEEN PUT TO TENDER

Michele Marius 08/11/2017 0News/Developments

Managing Director of the Jamaica Urban Transit Company, Paul Abrahams, is admitting that it perhaps could’ve put to tender a temporary arrangement with a private security company.

Yesterday the JUTC outlined that it had an agreement with a company, Millennium Security Limited, to provide additional security services on a temporary pilot basis to protect spare parts which it said appeared to vanish from the company from time to time.

That arrangement ended on September 20.

The bus company made the disclosure in response to the Opposition who accused the JUTC of entering into a $50-million contract with MSL in breach of the government procurement guidelines.

The JUTC has denied that there’s a current contract with Millennium Security.

Mr. Abrahams says the JUTC did engage MSL for a six-month pilot project which ended last month. He said in hindsight it perhaps should’ve gone to tender.

more

 

 

Image:  Jamaica Star

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *